Shadow Figures




   Throughout the years we've all heard stories about people seeing a dark figure in which they can only describe as a black mass that has a shape of a large man and sometimes with a hat. What are these figures? The reality is that no one really truly knows what they are or for that matter; what they want. These creepy figures seem to appear to people randomly.

  In my own life, my very first experience was with a "Shadow Figure". Again, it was huge and appeared to have a male type figure. I do not recall a hat but I do recall it was blocking out the light in the hallway. I was home alone as a latch key kid and had been tinkering around with my things in my room. I don't remember what compelled me to look but I looked into the hallway and saw this "thing". I was terrified and froze sitting on my bed. I looked away because I wasn't sure what to do at this point. I heard keys in the front door as my mother was coming home. When I looked back into the hallway this figure was completely gone and the light was back. I never saw this figure again. That was the beginning of my paranormal world. What was this thing and what did it want with me? Was it evil? Was it just a figure of a former human being? These are all questions we have when we see these things.

  The truth is, we don't know what these things are. In all my years of study I have not gotten much information about these figures other than hearing people saying the same things over and over again. They describe almost the same thing that I experienced and have no other knowledge. Some of these have been known to attack people! I was fortunate enough that my mother came home when she did otherwise I am not sure what that thing may or may not have done to me. I didn't sense malice coming from it but I was terrified more that there was something in our apartment that I didn't understand and knew shouldn't be there.

  People have started to collect photos and video of these beings. It is interesting to me that so many people are having encounters with these figures. I just cannot help but wonder if they are former human beings or are they beings from another dimension we have not yet explored. There are so many theories out there that it really is hard to believe in just one. The reality is this, they are here and I would love to know what they are and what they want.

  Anyone with stories of their own, please feel free to share them. I find them all very interesting and raise more questions.

Comments